Extending Life at any Cost?
This one day collaborative conference between the Woolf Institute and Faraday Institute will explore issues surrounding end of life palliative care, including the role hospices, hospitals and communities of faith play in understanding what constitutes a 'good death'. Speakers will also discuss technology related to extending life and the implications of Artificial Intelligence for human dignity when life is extended through transhumanism.
- Prof. John Wyatt (UCL)
- Prof. David Jones (Bioethics, Oxford)
- Mr Nav Siddiqi (Woolf Institute)
- Revd Dr Derek Fraser (Senior Chaplain, Addenbrookes)
- Download the programme here.
- Download the event poster here.
How to book
Open to all: tickets cost £10 with a £1.35 booking fee. All refreshments are included in the ticket price.
Back to Events