Our annual Research Day took place on 4 November 2020 via Zoom. Hosted by our Executive Director, Dr Esther-Miriam Wagner, twenty researchers and students associated with the Institute presented their work in 5-minute presentations.
The Research Day offers a unique opportunity to evaluate and further develop our diverse research into contemporary religion and society. It aims to give a short, accessible insight into the breadth of all our research in a single day.
- Research Day 2020
The full programme can be downloaded here.
You will shortly be able to watch the individual presentations. In the meantime, watch the three sessions here.
- Dr Lea Taragin-Zeller: Public Health, Religion and COVID-19
Watch Dr Taragin-Zeller's presentation here.
- Chris Cooper-Davies: Interfaith in Interwar Iraq: Shi'i Anti-sectarian Campaigners in Najaf, 1918 - 1941
Watch Chris Cooper-Davies' presentation here.
- Dr Tobias Müller: Orthodox Masculinities: Money, Love and God in North London
Watch Dr Müller's presentation here.
- Dunya Habash: "Shall We Sing When We are at War?": Syria's Shifting Cultural Imaginary
Watch Dunya Habash's presentation here.
- Dr Rodrigo Garcia Velasco: Judicial Frontiers: Jews at Christian Courts of Law in Medieval Iberia
Watch Dr Garcia Velasco's presentation here.
- Dr Merav Rosenfeld-Hadad: The Living in Harmony Project: Facts and Insights After Two Years of Research
Watch Dr Rosenfeld-Hadad's presentation here.
- Professor Philip Wood: Arabia, Arabic and Arabians from the Nabateans to the Umayyads
Watch Professor Wood's presentation here.
- Dr Lina Molokotos-Liederman: Interfaith Engagement One Joke at a Time
Watch Dr Molokotos-Liederman's presentation here.
- Dr Emanuelle Degli Esposti: Towards a European Shi'ism?: Entanglements of the Sacred and Secular
Watch Dr Degli Esposti's presentation here.
- Ani Avetisyan: Lost Judaeo-Arabic Medical Manuscripts of Matenadaran
Watch Ani Avetisyan's presentation here.
- Sam Victor: Evangelicals and the Creation of Pluralist Spaces in Nashville, Tennessee
Watch Sam Victor's presentation here.
- Christopher Wadibia: Nigerian Pentecostalism and Development Theologies: Assessing the Theologies That Underpin the RCCG's Christian Social Responsibility Programme
Watch Christopher Wadibia's presentation here.
- Dr Katherine O'Lone: Measuring Success: How Best to Assess the Impact of Interfaith Dialogue
Watch Dr O'Lone's presentation here.
- Hina Khalid: 'Harmonising the Universal and the Particular: the Configuration of Religious and National Identities in Colonial India'
Watch Hina Khalid's presentation here.
- Dr Ed Kessler: Preparing a Documentary History of Jewish-Christian Relations: From New Testament Times to the Modern Day. Possibilities and Pitfalls
Watch Dr Kessler's presentation here.
- Dr Gorazd Andrejč: Vulnerability As Key Concept in New Religious Humanism
Watch Dr Andrejč's presentation here.
- Mohammed Ahmed: What Do Later Islamic Texts Divulge about Early Muslim-Jewish Relations?
Watch Mohammed Ahmed's presentation here.
- Tara Zammit: Taking the Institute Online: Podcasts, Teaching and Public Relations
Watch Tara Zammit's presentation here.